Government Science & Engineering (GSE)
Government Science & Engineering (GSE) was established in June 2008 and aims to increase recognition of the profession’s contribution to policy as well as build a strong and vibrant community with robust links between the different analytical streams and policy makers.
GSE is a self-nominating community which, by January 2013, had attracted over 3500 members from more than 30 different Government organisations. Members are drawn from staff with science and/or engineering qualifications or background or who work in a related area.
If you are a civil servant with the relevant background, then we urge you to join the GSE. You will gain:
- Opportunities to network with other scientists, engineers, and the wider analytical community both online and at events.
- Invitations to events focusing on relevant professional issues.
- Access to bespoke development schemes run in partnership with the Royal Society and the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Notification of secondment and job opportunities.
- Information on Civil Service learning and development initiatives and what they mean for GSE.
- A newsletter featuring the latest developments in science and engineering across Government.
- Network with a growing community of scientists and engineers on issues of common interest on the GSE Civil Pages and the GSE – Government Science & Engineering group on LinkedIn.
If you wish to join GSE, please spend a moment filling in the registration survey. You will then be added to the GSE mailing list. Please note GSE is only open to Civil Servants. Queries should be directed to the contact page.