What are OIML certificates of conformity?
In order to allow manufacturers easier access to obtaining type approvals in the international market or for manufacturers of automatic weighing instruments (AWI's) to make use of the WELMEC Type Approval Agreement, NMO can carry out the examination and testing to the requirements of the various OIML Recommendations:
- R50 - Automatic continuous totalisers (belt weighers)
- R51 - Automatic catchweighing instruments
- R60 - Load cells
- R61 - Automatic gravimetric filling machines
- R76 - Non-automatic weighing instruments
- R105 - Dynamic Mass Measurement.
- R106 - Automatic rail-weighers
- R107 - Automatic discontinuous totalisers (hopper weighers)
- R117 - Liquid other than water
Once conformity has been established, an OIML Certificate of Conformity is issued. NMO will register with the BIML all OIML Certificates of Conformity that are issued by the laboratory.
Where can I find information on whether a load cell or measuring instrument has been granted an OIML certificate of conformity?
If you look at the OIML website for Certificate System for Measuring Instruments: www.oiml.org/certificates you can bring up a list of Certificates of Conformities issued under the various OIML Recommendations. Recent OIML Certificates can be downloaded free of charge from this website.