The National Measurement Office (NMO) is a notified body under the European directives covering non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWI) 2009/23/EC and measuring instruments (MID) 2004/22/EC. This means that NMO can issue EC type examination certificates for a wide range of weighing and measuring instruments.
Please read the following updated statement with regards to NAWIs and EN45501 (PDF, 41 Kb) .(June 2012)
NMO is also the UK issuing authority for a range of certificates of conformity through the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) which provide a route to gaining approval for instruments in other countries around the globe.
There are a number of reasons why you should use our services:
- Globally accepted reputation for integrity and professionalism - key players in the weighing and measuring instrument sectors
- NMO has a reputation for providing a customer focussed, efficient and value for money service
- Focussed on rapid turnaround so that your time to market is less - we aim to assist you with those commercial pressures
- NMO engineers have the highest level of technical expertise
- Friendly, flexible approach - NMO will work closely with you to achieve your certification
- Pre-assessment service - providing information on the requirements that your products need to satisfy
NMO holds the OIML secretariat for automatic weighing instruments, and represents the UK at various European Legal Metrology Cooperation (WELMEC) working groups. This means that NMO engineers are involved in further development of requirements relating to certification of weighing and measuring instruments ensuring our approach is at the cutting edge of best practice in this sector.