The National Measurement Office (NMO) Enforcement Authority is a market surveillance authority responsible for enforcing a wide range of European legislation throughout the UK.
NMO operates a developing and well respected National Enforcement Authority that aims to support business in assisting compliance within the following areas of legalisation:
- Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS)
- Batteries and Accumulators (Placing on the Market)
- Energy Related Products (ERP)
- Energy Labelling (ELF)
- European Union Timber Regulations (EUTR)
- Energy Labelling of Tyres
The activities of the NMO Enforcement Team during 2011 to 2012 attributed to an impact equivalent saving in the region of £25 million benefitting both consumers and the environment.
More detailed information on the NMO as a market surveillance authority, including our enforcement methodologies, what we do and our annual report can be found via the About us tab on the left hand side.
You can also contact us via the Enquiries tab on the left hand side.
NMO Enforcement is not responsible for the content of any external sites (PDF, 131 Kb)